Educare Flint and its sister school, Cummings Great Expectations, employ a two-generation approach to learning and development and serve 400+ Flint children and their families. Both centers offer full-day, full-year comprehensive programs that include health, nutrition, family support services and more – all centered around the Educare Network’s emphasis on data, professional development, high-quality teaching and family engagement.
Children, parents, staff and the extended community are the fabric of Educare Flint. Together, we are creating early learning environments where all children can learn, grow and be supported in becoming their very best selves.
FAST FACTS ABOUT EDUCARE FLINT:
- Provides no-cost, full-day, year-long early education to 220 flint children from birth to age 5
- Operates 7:30am-5:30pm year-round
- Delivers the highest-quality learning and development for young children and their families
- Highly-skilled teaching staff and family support specialists
- 18 early learning classrooms
- Spaces for adult learning and training, open to the community
- Shared campus with Durant-Tuuri-Mott elementary school
- Part of the educare network, a national network of highest-quality early learning centers
- Supported by collaboration and partnership with the Charles Stewart Mott foundation, The Community Foundation of Greater Flint, The Genesee Intermediate School District, University of Michigan-Flint and Flint Community Schools.