"THIS GIVES FAMILIES A VOICE. This is what my child deserves — a wonderful building with great staff members. This is what every child in Flint should experience."
— Breyanna, Parent
The Educare Learning Network demonstrates that research-based early childhood education prevents the persistent achievement gap for our nation’s most at-risk young children. The Network’s evidence, practice expertise and dynamic partnerships helps ensure that all children and families, especially those at greatest risk, have access to effective early learning, and that the first five years are an integral part of the nation’s education system.
Educare Flint offers comprehensive education and care services for children and families from birth to age five.
- Learning begins at birth! Educare Flint provides exceptional educational opportunities for our youngest learners, starting at day one.
- We support families with resources like onsite health screenings, dental check-ups, job training and other supports.
- We were built with the community in mind. Ask us about how we are working to link with community organizations and residents to create a culture of learning in Flint.
Fast Facts about Educare Flint
- Built to deliver the highest-quality learning and development for young children and their families
- 18 early learning classrooms
- Highly skilled teaching staff and family support specialists
- Spaces for adult learning and training
- 220 seats for infants to five-year olds
- Shared campus with Durant-Tuuri-Mott Elementary School
- Part of a national network of highest-quality early learning centers, the Educare Network
- Supported by collaboration and partnership of C.S. Mott Foundation, Community Foundation of Greater Flint, the Genesee Intermediate School District, University of Michigan at Flint and Flint Community Schools.
THE EDUCARE MODEL is based on research from early childhood development, education, social work and other allied fields.
FOUR CORE FEATURES COMPOSE THE EDUCARE MODEL:
- Data utilization
- Embedded professional development
- High-quality teaching practices
- Intensive family engagement
Parent engagement opportunities
Educare Flint works with parents, guardians and community residents to provide and promote a whole-family experience.
Join us for our parent meet-ups, wellness clinics, and fun family events that happen throughout the month in partnership with local-area organizations.
These events are open to parents with students enrolled at Educare Flint!
Call, email or ask the front desk for more information on when our next program is scheduled.
Jenny Hall, Family Engagement Coordinator
Jodi Ramos, School Director
Denise Smith, Executive Director
Call or email today